An Easy Spring Cleanse
It is fairly common to feel sluggish by the end of Winter. Even if you have kept up your exercise regime, you may have indulged in a little more comfort food and the thought of getting back into your swimmers and hitting the beach can be daunting. For these reasons it’s the perfect time of year to focus on your health and enjoy an easy cleanse to get you ready for the warmer months.
While a hardcore detox may not be for everyone, most of us could do with a gentle cleanse and return to health.
A gentle cleanse aims to optimise your nutritional status, hydrate and flush the body’s blood and tissues and give your body a break from foods or substances that cause inflammation or adverse effects. It can be as strict or relaxed as you want it to be. After all, it is your body and every little bit helps!
Do I need to Cleanse?
Personally, I like to clean up my diet and do a month-long cleanse twice each year. It is a great way to get your health back on track and really focus on your nutrition. In my clinic, clients usually choose to cleanse for anywhere from 2-4 weeks and nearly every one of them will report that they feel amazing after even a very gentle cleanse.
You might benefit from a cleanse if you have been experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Low energy levels
- Weight gain and fluid retention
- Irregular or sluggish bowel movements
- Bloating or poor digestion
- Skin rashes or pimple breakouts
- Irritability and anxiety or low mood
- Frequent headaches
For a gentle cleanse try to reduce or avoid…
- Caffeine (including coffee, tea and chocolate)
- Processed and pre-prepared foods
- Breads and pastas
Crowd out the bad stuff by focusing on ‘real foods’. These are unprocessed foods which are nutrient dense and support optimal nutrition. Shopping at your local farmers market is a great way to ensure that your food is as fresh as possible.
With each meal, be sure to include:
- Good quality proteins such as meat, chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds and legumes.
- Good fats including avocado, tahini, hummus, olive oil, coconut oil.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables including kale, broccoli, cabbage, garlic, beetroot, fresh herbs and berries which are particularly good for liver health and digestion.
- Plenty of purified water every day.
Herbs and nutritional supplements can be used to help you get the most from your gentle cleanse which support your liver and digestive systems while boosting your energy levels. Make an appointment for a customised cleanse today and feel amazing in Spring!
Call 0400 551 622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to feel your very best!